Chanya Bayla Somboonvechakarn
Chanya Bayla Somboonvechakarn has at an early age shown brilliance and expressiveness in her performance and the ability to understand the composers writing.
Born in Bangkok, Thailand, Chanya Bayla Somboonvechakarn began to learn piano at the age of three. Since 2016, she has been under tutelage of Prof. Irina Novikova, the head of keyboard in Shrewsbury International School, Bangkok. Since then Bayla has been involved in many festivals, competitions and performances worldwide.
As Laureates and Grand Prize winners from more numerous international competitions and festivals, Bayla had performed in many venues and concert halls around the world, such as Rome, Budapest, Moscow, Osaka, Hamamatsu, Hongkong, New York, Singapore, Indonesia, and Bangkok. She performed twice in Carnegie Hall at the age of 5 as the First Prize winner and Exceptional Young Talent Special Prize winner from Golden Classical Music Awards International Competition. At the age of 6, she made her first orchestral debut as Soloist, performing Berkovich piano concerto with Sunrise String Orchestra at Chulalongkorn University Music Hall, Bangkok, Thailand. In December 2019, Bayla had the opportunity to perform as Guest pianist at The International Philharmonic Children of Future Concerts in Moscow; organized by Children Philharmonic Society and partnered by NEWSMUZ.com, Russia News and ORPHEUS9.2FM, with the presence of the Thai Ambassador. In June 2022, Bayla had the opportunity to collaborate as Concerto Soloist for a charity project and with Bangkok Charity Orchestra, in which she performed first movement of Mozart Piano Concerto No. 9 “Jeunehomme”. As First Prize winner from International Fringe Virtual Music Competition 2021-2022, both in solo and concerto category, Bayla received invitation to perform concerto as soloist with Mississippi Valley Orchestra, USA.
Over the years, Bayla has distinguished herself by consistently winning prizes in piano competitions. Some of her recent achievements are:
• Grand Prize at : VI Paris International Music Competition (France), IX Rome International Music Competition (Italy), International Youth Music Competitions – IYMC ( Atlanta, USA).
• Grand Golden Prize and Beethoven Special Award at 2022 Golden Piano Talents Competition (North Macedonia).
• Laureate First Prize at Piccolo Piano Talents 2022 (Serbia), 2nd Four Notes International Piano Competition 2022 (UAE).
• First Absolute Prize at Orbetello International Piano Competition 2022, XI Amigdala International Piano Competition (Italy), 9th International Music Competition 2022 “Clara Wieck Schumann” (Italy), 1st Carl Bechstein Piano Competition for Young Pianist (Thailand), 2022 Memorijal “Sanja Pavlovic” Aleksinac International Piano Competition (Serbia), 2nd Beecham International Piano Competition (London, UK), 2022 Tchaikovsky International Piano Competition-TIPCO (Spain), 2022 Singapore International Piano Competition (Singapore).
• First Prize and Diploma of Young Hope – The 17th Adilia Alieva International Music Competition, France.
Bayla’s previous years achievements included:
The Third Grand Prize Winner Of The North International Music Competition – Spring 2019; Grand Prix from The 17th FestivalConcurso Internacional de Piano "Villahermosa", Mexico; First Prize Winner and Special Diploma from XIII Vladimir Horowitz International Piano Competition; First Prizes at : XI Piano Talents Competition, 2021 Munich Piano Competition, The 9th Hongkong International Youth Performance Arts Festival (HKYPAF), XIII Savshinsky International Music Competition; 2021 Vienna Music Competition and Chopin Avenue Autumn 2021.
Bayla is also the First Prize Winner of The 5th Steinway Youth Piano Competition Thailand 2020 and received “Best Sonatina” award. She also received Special Young Talent Prize award from 2020 Vladimir Krainev Moscow International Piano Competition, as well as First prize winner of The 20th Osaka International Music Competition (Osaka, 2019).
Seeking to improve her musical skills, she has joined various masterclasses conducted by Professors and renowned Pianists around the world. Her passion for music expands beyond the piano, to strings and vocal. And on top of her music achievements, Bayla is also a capable young mathematician who often joined Mathematic olympiads and takes a curious interest in English literature and art. She is a member of MENSA International, the High IQ Society. Her passion for music, arts and literature bolsters her aspiration to be a well-rounded individual with deep theoretical and practical skills in the areas of her expertise.
Third Grand Prize Winner in The North International Music Competition 2019: