All the information you need regarding the music competition
We have provided all the information you need regarding the north competition. If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 1, 2017 – January 10, 2018
Periodicity: Twice a year
Pre Screening: June 1 – October 1
Notification of the approved contestants from the PRE-SCREENING: October 1
Applications: 1 September – 15 November
Processing of results: December 1 – December 20
Competition Awards Announcement: December 20
Free choice (one or more pieces) from the baroque, classical, romantic or contemporary periods. The performance should be solo, with piano accompaniment or performance with orchestra. Total duration of the video recording is limited:
- I category – born in 2010 and younger – up to 6 minutes
- II category – born in 2008 and younger – up to 6 minutes
- III category – born in 2006 and younger – up to 8 minutes
- IV category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- V category – born in 2002 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VI category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VII category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VIII category – born in 1996 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- IX category – born in 1992 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- X category – born in 1988 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XI category – born in 1987 and older – up to 12 minutes
DUO (two similar instruments)
- XI category – born in 2010 and younger – up to 6 minutes
- XII category – born in 2008 and younger – up to 8 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2006 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XIV category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XV category – born in 2002 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XVI category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XVII category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XVIII category – born in 1996 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIX category – born in 1992 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XX category – born in 1991 and older – up to 12 minutes
PRE-SCREENING (FREE ENTRY)
To apply for free for the pre-screening submit a video recording of the performance (YouTube link or other online video platform) by email. Within the same email, please include your name, age and nationality, name of the piece and composer.
Please send your submissions between June 1 – October 1 to the following email address: email@example.com
During this period we will pre-screen the contestants for free and we will let you know if you have passed. If you have passed the pre-screening, you should follow the three steps to complete the registration and to confirm your place in the competition.
If a contestant failed to apply for the PRE-SCREENING (before the 1 of October 2017). He/she can still apply between 1 September – 15 November, but will have to pay 30£ to participate in The North International Music Competition, without the option of being pre-screened. For more information visit Rules.
INVITATION & APPLICATION (FINAL ROUND)
The approved contestants from the Pre-Screening will receive a notification and invitation to apply by email according to the competition schedule.
The Application Form along with portrait photo, and proof of payment (PayPal ID) of the administrative processing fee of 30£ should be submitted according to the competition schedule.
A minimum of nine qualified judges will be evaluating audition materials.
The decision of the Jury is final and can’t be appealed.
The awards will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
All contestants will be awarded with diplomas.
Teachers and accompanists may receive certificates by request.
The Absolute Winner will get his/hers picture and biography published on the website under the title “The Winner of The North International Music Competition Grand Prize”. The Absolute Winner also receives a special diploma.
State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes.
The Jury may award additional special awards or specific acknowledgements.
Competition Awards Announcement
The competition results will be published on our website.
The North International Music Competition reserves the right to make any changes into the rules, dates, schedules and other information related to the Competition.